Animated Explainer Videos
What Are Whiteboard Explainer Videos?
We all know the cliché, “A picture is worth a thousand words.” A whiteboard explainer video is designed to communicate more than words alone can say, in a warm and charming way. It effectively uses sketched images and other graphic elements to answer questions, teach a skill, illustrate a process or sell a product.
Animated whiteboard videos are extremely popular because they’re almost mesmerizing to watch. A hand-held pen sketches cartoon images on a white background. Accompanied by narration and a music bed, a story unfolds before our eyes. Usually short, snappy and fun, these videos make a strong impression and integrate fantastically with your company’s overall marketing plan.
At JumpStart Video, we’re not bashful about saying that we’ve elevated these mini-movies to a true art form.
Uses and Benefits of Whiteboard Videos
Businesses use whiteboard explainer videos as content in a variety of applications:
- Social media advertising
- Sales sites
- Email newsletters
- Employee training
Whenever there’s a message to be conveyed, whiteboard animation is an option to consider. This video form has a lot of advantages for companies looking to get their messages out.
- Comparatively low cost. In the right creative hands, whiteboard animation is incredibly cost effective. JumpStart Video specializes in producing affordable whiteboard explainer videos.
- Usable anywhere. The online applications are almost endless. Video can complement just about any other kind of content.
- People love video. On the Internet today, it’s virtually the coin of the realm. If you want people’s attention, provide video. Whiteboard explainers absolutely attract eyeballs.
Useful in All Kinds of Industries
If it’s handled creatively and correctly, businesses in many industries benefit from making whiteboard animated explainer videos, and especially those in complex fields. Some examples:
- Manufacturing and distributing. What better way than video to explain the supply chain, from manufacturer, to distributor, down to the wholesaler and retail outlet?
- Few fields are more complex than medicine and healthcare. A video can simplify things for patients and providers, helping them understand the benefits of medical services.
- Technology. Any vendor or creator of hardware, software or IT services can use animated whiteboard videos to present technical solutions in entertaining, accessible chunks.
- Education and training. Whiteboard videos kick instructional video and e-learning up a notch. They’re a new way to train and educate specific audiences on specific subjects.
- Topics from macro-economics to personal investing are made simple in a well-made explainer video.
- Mechanical and electrical concepts from the rudimentary to the complex can help a potential client understand a firm’s process and the value it presents.
- Businesses in emerging industries, especially, need to illustrate their offerings to capture the customer imagination. Whiteboard explainer videos do the job in a way anyone can understand.
Is a Whiteboard Explainer Video Right for Your Business?
As you consider your marketing and promotion plans, you have to match the right tools with the right job. While it may not be the appropriate choice in every case, producing a whiteboard video is especially useful when:
- You’re presenting a complex (or boring) subject. When the product or process you want to describe is very detailed, technical or just has a lot of interrelated ideas to keep straight, a whiteboard explainer can convey all the information while maintaining interest.
- You have a story to tell. Whiteboard animation does a great job of telling a sequential story for your brand, because viewers see it develop step by step. They can’t wait to see the next frame!
- You want to inject a little humor. Why should your message always be so straight-laced? Sure, you’re a credible company, but you want to be likable, too. Because of its cartoon-like format, you can show more personality in a whiteboard video than you can with live presenters.
- You’re looking to simplify production. Whiteboard animation gives you the benefits of motion video without the hassle of hiring actors and booking shooting locations. And much faster delivery times, to boot. All of this means cost savings to you.
- You’re heavily into social media marketing. Whiteboard explainer videos are so popular, they can dramatically increase your chance of getting clicks and conversions.
All This and SEO Too
Search engine optimization (SEO) best practices help expose your website to your target audience. Video content can dramatically improve your SEO results and drive more traffic to your site. Google’s algorithms scan for content quality, and are increasingly prioritizing websites that feature video.
Adding videos to your site helps increase your search engine results page (SERP) rank in a number of ways:
- Increases click-through rates, boosting organic traffic from SERPs by up to 150 percent
- Lowers bounce rates—visitors spend more than twice as long on a page with video
- Helps create more and better quality backlinks
The key is creating quality videos and having an intentional SEO strategy that gets results.
JumpStart Video: Your Creative Partner
The team at JumpStart video is at the ready when you need quality production for your whiteboard explainer video. Watch our sample videos to see our best work, then tell us what we can do for you.